Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 7: RSS Feeds

I've had mixed results with keeping up with Google Reader, so I'm glad to have a chance to work on it some more. My main problem with keeping up with Google Reader is remembering to go there. Since I have added the Google Reader gadget to my iGoogle page, I find myself visiting the Reader more often (once or twice a day).

I think the danger is in subscribing to too many things; then it becomes overwhelming to visit the Reader. I have pared it down to the sites I'm MOST interested in, hoping that I will find it easier to "just take a few minutes" more often without being afraid of being inundated with infomation or wasting too much time.

I subscribed to most of the suggested blogs, and organized them all in a "Lib Info Sci" folder. I also added a wiki (on another topic). I'm greatly looking forward to keeping up with LIS news and info.

No comments:

Post a Comment