Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thing 15: Digg

I foresee Digg becoming a site that I will begin using regularly. I chose not to register and play around with the customization features yet, but I do intend to do so later on when I have a good amount of time.

What I did do is look at the articles available on the main page. I went in three times, and I found several articles each time that I probably wouldn't have otherwise find. This convinced me that Digg would provide a useful service to me.

Then again, maybe I won't customize, because I'm enjoying the serendipitous nature of the group of articles I'm finding. Were I to limit to topics I'm interested in (and am most likely already subscribing to), I would also be limiting the information I would be exposed to. For now, hurray for serendipity!

No comments:

Post a Comment