Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thing 19: Google Docs

I really like Google Docs for creating collaborative documents, as long as you don't much care about formatting them with any depth. I have a few shared spreadsheets that are nice. People can contribute content at any time of day or night. As far as I can see, though these documents and spreadsheets must remain very simple.

For collaborative working, I prefer using a wiki. Google Docs does have it's benefits. At work, we use both a wiki and Google Docs because some people find the wiki more difficult learn. (Well, let's face it, it IS more difficult to learn!) So we currently maintain some types of documents on Google Docs and others on the wiki. We will evaluate again in a few months to see if we should move everything to one or the other.

I appreciate the link to the Official Google Docs Blog. I scanned through it and found some helpful hints. I look forward to exploring it further to discover more tips and techniques for using Google Docs more effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment