Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thing 16: LibraryThing

I have followed the assignment by adding about a dozen books from my collection. I still don't quite get tags, but I went ahead and added some.

(Actually, I may be getting the hang of using tags, after all. But what do I do with fiction? I could use the typical genre categories, but should I add other tags, as well? Should I include other markers? Am I to think of it this way--that I should use any term as a tag that I may want to search under later?)

I think this is going to be a great app for me. I was planning to set up a multimedia database for all my family's books, movies, and music. This seems a lot less time-consuming. However, I wish I could add movies and music. It would be a lot easier to have everything in one database. We do a lot of trading around and we all want to keep track of our stuff.

I am looking forward to adding the rest of my collection and to playing around with the other features. The local looks like a bust, nothing in my area, though the app kindly explains that most users don't include geographic information. But some of the groups look really interesting; I mean, who wouldn't want to check out the Pedant's Corner (tee hee).

No comments:

Post a Comment