Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thing 22: Developing your own 23 Things for your library

As far as I know, I'm the only staff member at my library participating this year. However, last summer the library offered staff members an in-person 13 Things program, which I assume was based on the 23 Things concept. I presume the number was truncated to have one Thing per week for 13 weeks.

This summer the program continued, though fewer people participated. I think we need to come up with new tools to showcase; I suppose people believe that once they've attended one class on Twitter, they don't need another.

Though I have previously not participated in planning or instructing for this program, perhaps next year I'll volunteer to introduce my colleagues to a new tool. I intend to keep stretching and keep trying new technologies and see which can be adapted for our purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment